#GirlMed indulgence here. Thanks to Natalie Wall over on Twitter @nataliemwall, who gave out the tip that these “On the Fly” Lululemon pants could be worn to clinic, I have found the workhorse everything pant.
I was reluctant to drop the $100 on them but totally justified it by thinking they could also work throughout my maternity wardrobe needs.
It is actually and practically true that a 26 week pregnant resident can:
1. Bike to work in these pants (mostly downhill).
2. Put on a blouse and flats (I also paired with a nice black sweater, and a lab coat for procedures) and look professional while rounding on patients
3. Do a HIIT workout in these pants after work (after this 26 hour day, I actually I just rode my bike home, ate cake, and went to bed).
4. Wash and then re-wear on any trip in any airport.
5. Wear multiple times per week if really not dirty/sweaty and changing into scrubs immediately upon arriving to work.
6. Wear home and immediately get down and play with toddler…no harried suit-stripping on home re-entry :).
So one pair of pants can work in virtually any setting of my life short of a cocktail party. I never have cocktail parties, so…Awesome. Money, time, and closet real-estate well spent. I’ll be living in these pants for the next 14 weeks for sure. I might even get them in olive-green!